Tips to Stop Procrastinating
1. If you’re procrastinating because you’re feeling stuck (eg, if you don’t really understand a school assignment, or you don’t know what’s expected, or you don’t know where to start) then pluck up the courage to ask for some help. When you know what you’re doing, it’s easier to work.
2. Remind yourself that most decisions aren’t major. If you get it wrong, you can start over again … or change your direction … or have another try.
3. If the task seems overwhelming, just take a baby step. That, at least, will get you moving – so the next step’s easier.
4. Tell yourself that you can suffer for up to twenty minutes – and then you’ll return to doing things you want to do. You’ll be surprised to discover that “suffering’s” not that bad.
5. Decide to do the task as soon as you get up – as the more you put it off, the worse it’s going to seem!
6. Don’t pretend that other work counts just as much as what you’re leaving. Simply acting like you’re busy won’t make it go away. Be honest with yourself … and do what’s most important first.